Friday, July 29, 2011

90% sure...



We are 90% sure we are having a....


We went to the doctor yesterday for our big gender ultrasound. We had to have two ultrasounds because our little one was being very modest with her legs crossed and we couldn't get the necessary shot. The ultrasound woman was very kind to squeeze us in on her lunch break to try again. She gave me some apple juice and told me to meet her again after we met with our doctor. The second time around our lady was butt first so the ultrasound woman jiggled my belly some to move her around. The woman pointed out why she was thinking our lady was a lady and said she would bet money that we were having a girl, but couldn't say for 100% sure.

We are so very excited to have a little girl. I think both Neil and I were a little surprised. Neil was CONVINCED that we were having a boy! He said he would have a put money down that we were having a boy! He said that is why he is not a gambling man because he looses every time! Neither of us had a preference and neither of us had any 'feeling' of boy or girl until this past weekend. I started noticing that when Neil talked about the baby he really was talking and referring to the baby as a boy. I still really didn't have any 'feeling' or thought but liked the idea of having a boy. So when the ultrasound lady said girl I think we were both a little confused at first! Plus for me the small level of uncertainty seemed to make finding out a little anti-climatic. We go back for our anatomy ultrasound towards the end of August so then maybe they will be able to confirm the gender 100%. We are planning, thinking, and talking as if we are having a girl and we are very excited about our little lady!

I started on my 17th week yesterday and I have pictures to post of a bump, but I forgot my cord to download the pictures! I will post them soon!

I am most excited to see Neil be a daddy to our little girl and I start to tear up every time I think about it!

Neil is betting/hoping that our lady will have red curly hair, but we know how he is at gambling...


No comments:

Post a Comment