Friday, July 8, 2011

1st trimester summary

Wednesday was the last day of the first trimester!!!!!!! This is the first 'preggy photo' I've taken. Sorry it isn't very good but it was taken at like 11:00 that night and we were extremely tired! Neil was gracious enough to take the picture even though he didn't really understand why I wanted it taken. I have no idea if it is actually a 'baby bump' or just a 'brownie bump'. I do have some sort of belly but it could be because I have definitely enjoyed my share of chocolate and ice cream! I've had several people pat my belly and call it a 'baby bump' but I'm just not sure if it is yet! I've actually been struggling this first trimester with how my body is changing and having self control with the foods that I do eat. I easily feel more fat than pregnant and so its been hard to embrace the belly and everyone's excitement over my 'baby bump' because I easily compare when other friends started 'showing' versus when I'm possibly starting to 'show' and I feel like its too early. I realized the other day that everyone's bodies are different and their pregnancies are different. I just need to let it go and be thankful for everyone's excitement! If I knew for sure that it was the baby or a 'baby bump' then I would gladly and eagerly embrace it and everyone's comments because I am so thankful for this baby and I do love this baby.

Neil and I are so excited to have this baby and it has been so fun for us to read and learn about his/her development. Here is a 3d picture from our 13 week ultrasound!!!

We have nicknamed our little one 'Roo' as in Kangaroo and how the mommas carry their babies in their pouch. We find out at the end of the month (20 days to be exact) if Roo is a boy or a girl! We are excited to find out but thankfully we haven't been wishing the days away because I think that would drive me crazy!

I still never had morning sickness and only occasional nausea. I've only had two episodes of random cravings: early in June when Neil and I were in Crossville for a wedding I was helping his mom pick up food at Subway for the bridal party. I saw the 'sub of the month' and instantly craved it for the next TWO weeks until I finally asked Neil if we could get it for dinner! It was FABULOUS! I RARELY eat at Subway!
Then this past Saturday I was at a coffee shop for accountability with some women and one of the workers came in with a Chik-fil-a chicken biscuit! Instantly I craved a Chik-fil-a chicken biscuit and I'm hoping to get one this weekend!
The only food aversion I've really had is so RANDOM! I feel so sick at the thought of eating squash or zucchini- SO RANDOM! I do usually love saute' squash and zucchini, but I can't stand the thought of it right now!

I look forward to see what is in store for the second trimester!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment