Friday, July 8, 2011

MAKE ME SICK










Yes, this is squash and zucchini and I absolutely hate it right now! I am splitting part of a CSA this summer where I get a half bushel of fruits and vegetables every other week and last week we got several pieces of squash and zucchini plus a friend gave us some from her garden this past weekend. I don't want any of it to go waste so I gave my first try and preserving vegetables! It was pretty simple and we will see if it works! I simple sliced up all the squash I had and then steamed it for 3-5 minutes till it was tender then put it in a ice bath in the kitchen sink. Then I laid it out on pans and let it dry and then bagged it up and put in the freezer!
Wish me luck because I don't want to have to eat any of it anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment