Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why Peas 'N' Carrots?

Why? I'm so sure many inquiring minds you like to know, Why? did you title your blog "Peas 'N' Carrots"? I would love to know why you think I named the blog this. Maybe you think, "Hm, she and her husby must like peas and carrots..." or "Is it because she has "orange" hair?" (which to this question, I say MY HAIR is RED PEOPLE! oooh! i like that the underline is in red too! how fun!) Another question could possibly be- "Are they vegetarians?" Which to this I would sadly say no. Husby wouldn't appreciate it too much if we were. However, the answer is quite simple and boring really. On our wedding day our friend Lex, our photographer friend's husband, said we were like 'peas and carrots', two good things (depending on your taste) that go even better together. I really liked that he called us that and so we say it to each other sometimes in our really sickly sweet moments together and thats how it became my blog title. Two good* things that are better together. Just like 'oreos and milk' or 'peanut butter and jelly' (except for husby is pb and honey, ick) or 'cake and ice cream'. The list could go on I'm sure, but the point is peas and carrots go good together and so do my husband and I. He is SUCH a great balance for me, remember the turtle and hare?. He is patient, kind, discerning, wise, fun, AND FUNNY! And he likes me and I like him. I like being married (which I wasn't sure if I would) and want to "talk"/write about being married and how thankful I am that the Lord gave me the BEST husband for me! We are newlyweds and have been married for only 9 months (almost) so many would chalk up my enthusiasm for marriage to being a newlywed, but I don't think it is. I believe that marriage is a gift from the Lord, created by Him for us in his kindness to bring intimacy, joy, growth, and companionship. And for that I am thankful.

* good- not that husby nor i are good. we are both sinners saved by God's grace alone in Christ and anything 'good' in us is from God at work in us. just so you know.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I feel that way, too, about my enthusiasm about marriage! I feel like people will look at me like I'm naive because I've been married for such a short time. I think marriage is so much about perspective, and if you view it as a gift from God, then it's so much easier to treat your spouse with love, kindness, and grace.... It's not about what your husband can do for you or finding fulfillment in him. God gives us that fulfillment so we can appreciate the human-ness of our guy. Maybe that makes sense. I don't know. That's the way I look at it. All I know is that someone told me today that it's hard to argue when you're naked.. and I thought that was a little awkward. HAH.

    P.S. I think we are also awesome at marriage because we took Relationships 101.

    ReplyDelete