Monday, March 8, 2010

Late Bloomer

So, I did it. Here I am world, a blogger.
I'd thought I'd NEVER live to see the day that I would have a blog. Neither did husby (my husband). I know this blogging frenzy has been going on for severl years now and I'm just getting around to being involved. I feel like this instant is a common example of my life. I would say in some ways I am a 'late bloomer'. Not in the physical ways- I started wearing a bra right along with my other friends and had my first "monthly visit" in 6th grade, too much information? No? Yes? Well, I promise I'll keep things tame. I would claim to be a 'late bloomer' because it takes me awhile to warm up to the current trends or to even recognize the current trends. I usually am just a casual observer of trends and occasionally I'll take the risk and try a trend as soon as it comes out. Like when Keds were cool, or Daisy Dukes, or glittery eye shadow or even the 'Rachel' haircut from early Friends. How about the past few years, leggings under dresses, belts over sweaters and cardigans, cardigans, ruffles on shirts, and husby's favorite: FLANNEL. I'm pretty current now, my mother-in-law bought me a flannel shirt for christmas, I occasionally sport leggings with dresses and heels, and the cardigan will forever be a staple in my closet. Anyway,now I have warmed up to the current trend of blogging, hopefully it doesn't go out of style soon, which ususally happens when I finally clue into or get brave enough to try a fashion trend.
These are the reasons why I now have a blog:
  • I would say the Lord changed my heart even on something as "insignificant" as a blog. I really do think he warmed my heart up do this.
  • I see it as a way to keep in touch with friends from college and to share my life with them. I have several dear friends that have blogs and I enjoy reading thiers and keeping up with thier lives and hearts through the blogs.
  • I think blogs are fun and great for people who want to keep friends and family involved with the 'day to day' of life.
  • Its also great for those who love writing and are able to quench thier writing thirst by keeping a blog.

Now, reasons why I never wanted a blog:

  • I do not love writing and have no need to quench the writing thrist.
  • I prefer talking and will talk forever, and writing wears me out. So we will see where this blog goes.
  • I'M TERRIBLE with grammer. I don't know the proper rules for using colons, semi-colons, dashes, or whatever other puncs. there are. I know how to end sentences properly and for everything else inbetween there is the catch all comma. I'm afraid readers will only be critquing my horrible grammar. And my poor spelling. Therefore, I would feel completely hindered to ever express myself or share my life because of fear of man. How lame.
  • A blog seems too overwhelming for me and the thought of keeping up with a blog stressed me out. So why in the world am I subjecting myself to perceived stress? Well, I'm still trying to figure that one out...

Until then, whoever reads this, I hope you like me. :)

p.s. I really just want to decorate my page but I don't know how, I'll take ANY help I can get!

2 comments:

  1. Moni Love!!! I am soo happy right now!! I can't wait to see what else you share with us!!!!

    YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO excited for this! Just because of time constraints, I feel like I miss a lot of your thought processes "in the moment" as God is changing you--so I am happy to be able to have a place to see what you are learning through your daily life. (Does that make sense?)

    To decorate your blog: There are free websites that have tutorials & step-by-steps as to how to use them. You download a template to make your blog look like it.
    Here are some sites:
    http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/
    http://www.shabbyblogs.com/
    http://lenatoewsdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete