Monday, March 15, 2010

I married a turtle and I love it

I am married to a turtle. He is slow in eating, talking, his morning routine, driving, and the biggie: DECISIONS . I consider myself to be the hare. I eat quickly, talk rapidly, am fairly quick with my mornings, have to use cruise control religiously when I drive so I don't speed, and am pretty rash when it comes to making decisions. I think our life regularly can be described by the old children's story of The Turtle and the Hare. I am thankful for my turtle of a husband because he is very wise, patient, and steady. I can trust his leadership and he brings rest to my life and our home. I continually see God's perfect care for me in being married to my turtle-y husband. Husby is definitely God's perfect gift for me in marriage. Sometimes I fail to see his turtliness as a gift and become impatient with him. Sometimes I wish he would be more like a hare. However, I see that when my "wish" is granted its usually to our detriment AND its selfish. I LOVE my husband and his turtle like qualities. Thats all I wanted to say.

1 comment:

  1. What?! I just found out you have a blog.. because you are a FOLLOWER of me! I found that out by looking at my own blog. :)

    HI HI HI!! I love you! And I like this blog entry(?)! And that picture of you with the pumpkin. (ha ha!)

    And I have some of the same things going on in my marriage! I am not so fast a talker, just a quiet talker. :) But I get so plan-oriented sometimes... and Jeff is so patient with me in that!

    And Neil is a nice turtle. :)

    ReplyDelete