Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Trying

Today is a 'trying' day.
On the outside I'm 'trying' to make it look great and it honestly mostly is fine.
I'm 'trying' to ignore the construction going on at my parent's house.  I'm 'trying' to pretend that Natalie can nap through the construction, and she might be currently.  I'm 'trying' to not FREAK OUT that today could be a hard napping day for her.  I'm 'trying' to not FREAK OUT that she has already missed a nap because we got lunch with a dear friend, which I don't regret.  I'm 'trying' to not FREAK OUT about the possibility of her not sleeping well tonight since today was off schedule.  I'm 'trying' not to be self-centered, but the battle is proving to be very 'trying'.  I'm 'trying' to be thankful because there really is plenty to be thankful for today.  I'm 'trying' to remember God's faithfulness in past 'trying' days. I'm 'trying' to stop my mind from throwing a pity party because there is not reason for a pity party.  I'm 'trying' to fight for faith and peace in the Lord and not in my understanding or in the peace of an easy day. I'm 'trying' to remember that I'm not alone even though I feel alone in parenting today.  I'm 'trying' to not just wish the days away till Neil comes home.
Today is a 'trying' day.

No comments:

Post a Comment