Monday, June 11, 2012

5 months!

Natalie is 5 months old now!!!!
I'm guessing she is a good 14lbs, but I have no idea about length.  
She still needs 6 feedings in 24hours and is still sleeping through the night!  We've had some 'seasons' where she will wake up around 3-3:30 and whine/cry until we(Neil) give her a paci.  I can only link it to bad naps.  I've tried to drop her last nap of the day, but I think she still just needs 4 naps right now.  I don't think I was very good at figuring out how to change her schedule, so I've backed off and am just going to wait and see how things go from here.  We also tried to break her of the swaddle, but I chickened out after 1 1/2 days.  She actually did WAY BETTER than we expected, but she definitely wasn't getting good rest and just looked SO pitiful!  I'm obsessive about sleep so I decided to keep swaddling her for now.  She still doesn't roll over, which is why we still swaddle, and she doesn't seem interested in learning.  Oh well.  She does seem interested in sitting up!  When I lay her on the boppy to feed her she cranes her neck inward straining to sit up, it looks like she is trying to do 'baby crunches' before I feed her.  So funny!  She can prop sit pretty well and can also sit in her bumbo pretty well.  I think she is definitely our daughter because it seems that she is social in that she wants to see whats going on, but doesn't have to be center of attention.  It seems like she will enjoy participating, but won't be the one leading the way, which is exactly like Neil and me!  We get very mixed reactions to who she looks more like, but the consensus is that she looks most like Neil.  I agree, but there are times where I think I'm looking at my baby picture come to life! 
Below is a cherished video from Memorial Day with Neil's family
 Natalie with her Grandad laughing at her Aunt Olivia,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE HER LAUGH!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment