Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Little Lady


Introducing our sweet little Natalie Jane Williams!
Born on January 3, 2012 at 10:52pm (2 days early)
She is 4 weeks old today and we love her so much!


This is a picture right after she was born. It might be from a camera phone or my parent's camera because yes, we forgot our camera. We are 'those people' who forget their camera to record life altering events. Of course when your contractions go from 5 mins. to 3 mins. in less than 30 minutes, your water breaks and your still at home, it is a little difficult to remember things like that, let alone how to get to the hospital.
Active labor was 6 hours long and once at the hospital they said I would 'go really fast'. I didn't really believe them but of course they are the professionals and I'm not.
I was able to deliver naturally and I'm really thankful for the experience. I still LOVE LOVE LOVE my doctor and loved all my nurses and my experience at our hospital.

I will admit that I DID NOT LOVE the first week and a half or so at home. I was NOT prepared for the hormones, nursing, and a crying newborn. I really struggled with 'baby blues' those first several days and only felt despair and frustration. Praise the Lord that Neil was home for 2 weeks because I really wonder if I would have made it. However, I also experienced the kindness of the Lord to lead me in his word and through Neil.

I do NOT want to forget these things:
-Neil helping me try to nurse Natalie (even the late nights)
-Neil encouraging me in his sleep- 'Your doing great babe...' (uh, thanks Neil, I'm just laying here...)
-Neil reading scripture to me while I nursed Natalie (esp. helpful in the middle of the night)
-Neil playing and singing hymns and worship music while I nursed Natalie (also esp. helpful in the middle of the night)
-Natalie snuggling up in my chest and sticking up butt up in the air after she ate and fell asleep. (STILL MY FAVORITE!)

ok, this is all I have time for and I didn't really have time for it, but I wanted to write it all down and share.
Thanks for being excited or nosy about our family!

2 comments: