Tuesday, December 20, 2011

37 1/2 week update

I had planned to post pictures today of my last two showers, but I forgot the cord for the camera to upload the photos. Maybe sometime before Natalie gets here I'll be able to do that.

Just a quick update on the last few weeks of pregnancy!
At the doctor last week he said I was 50% effaced but no dilation.
This week was the same. NO changes.
I am actually relieved that there weren't any changes this week since we plan on traveling for Christmas, just an hour away, and I don't want to be paranoid or preoccupied wondering if I'm about to go into labor. So now, NO WORRIES! I still haven't had any contractions, not even Braxton Hicks.

It has been interesting to get the question, "So, are you over being pregnant yet"? To which I say, "No. Actually I'm not." I still feel pretty good and comfortable and am able to be active. I'm really thankful the pregnancy as been so easy and low key, but I'm aware that at any point I could become, 'over it'. I don't think its wrong when pregnant women feel that way, I just haven't experienced it, yet and hopefully I won't.

I have developed, however, carpal tunnel in my hands. SO RANDOM! It is the weirdest feeling for your fingertips to be numb and your finger joints sore. Gives me more compassion on those who deal with arthritis, though what I'm experiencing is very mild and will go away after Natalie is born. I also have had mild swelling in my ankles but only if I've been on my feet all day. And last, I experienced heartburn over the weekend for the first time ever-or at least in a REALLY REALLY long time! It was the weirdest thing, but I think it is mostly diet related with pregnancy effecting it some. It's just SO hard to stay away from cheese!

Please know I'm not complaining, but just sharing about where I'm at in the pregnancy. These small discomforts have been a good opportunity for me to choose to not complain out loud or in my heart, but choose joy and contentment away from my circumstances. It is such a good opportunity for me to grow in the Lord and I don't want to miss it!


I hope everyone has a joyous Christmas celebrating Christ!
I'll keep you updated unless Natalie comes while we are out of town!



No comments:

Post a Comment