Tuesday, February 21, 2012

7 weeks update

My sweet lady is 7 weeks old today!
It is hard to believe that she has grown from this:
to this:


Things are going well this week and I am trying to soak up these newborn days as much as possible because soon they will pass. She is becoming more alert and we are finding some rhythm to our days. She eats every 3-4 hours and can have awake time for up to 1 1/2 hours. She is still in newborn clothes, but sometimes we pretend that they are too big and put her in 0-3month clothes because there are more of them, they are cuter than white onesies, and we wouldn't be able to leave the house otherwise. I think she can go 4 1/2 - 5 hours at night right now, but its hard to tell because she had a growth spurt last week and it was a ROUGH week! She is getting stronger with tummy time and it is fun to watch her hold her head up. She still loves staring around and LOVES LOVES LOVES looking at lights! She can still be fussy in the evenings, but it is hit and miss and we don't know if we've missed something or if she's just fussy. I tried her in a carrier last week and she didn't hate it! I am hoping we can use it more consistently in the future. I have started putting her in the nursey at church and she is doing well. I was called this past Sunday because it was time for her to eat, but otherwise she has handled being in there well, since she is usually asleep when she goes in. I also handle it well and think it is a really good time for the both of us. Neil also kept her Friday night while I went to a Women's Retreat at church. He fed her a bottle, which she will take (PRAISE THE LORD!), and put her to bed. I am still breastfeeding, but I do admit it is a submission issue for now. I want there to be joy and contentment with it, but it is a struggle. It has nothing to do with her, its me and my thoughts towards breastfeeding. I have learned that I am a WRECK when I don't get sleep, case in point I was a WRECK last week because of her growth spurt and I had people slightly concerned for me. My 6 week checkup went well and I continue to respect and adore my doctor. I wish he could be my doctor for everything! He was so encouraging to care for me emotionally and even encourage Neil and I in our marriage and communication! How refreshing to receive that kind of counsel in a doctor's office! I am slowly getting out and about with her, though most days it isn't worth the effort. We are still getting meals for another week so I know I will have to be more brave and bite the bullet soon. I love these moments and I can't wait to share more sometime in the future!

Here are some other sweet moments from the last few weeks:











sleepy smiles visit from great grandparents visit from Papa John and Nana

visit from Grandmama and Granddaddy C and Aunt Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment