Friday, January 28, 2011

"My Husband went to Michigan and all I got was this sweatshirt"


You remember this quote on shirts people would wear? You know the ones that said, "I went to Yellowstone and all I got was this lousy t- shirt." or "My grandparents went to Florida and all I got was this lousy t shirt." You don't remember that. Oh, unh then guess my title for this post is irrelevant. Oh well, I chuckle a little when I think about it. You know what else about this picture and sweatshirt(which by the way I am really happy to have and it was SUPER thoughtful for Neil to buy me a present while he was gone) that makes me chuckle. Lets put some pieces together- Neil went to Michigan for a business trip. While in Michigan Neil was really sweet and bought me this sweatshirt. The sweatshirt is promoting the Chicago Bears. They don't live in Michigan. Neil didn't realize that the Bears weren't a Michigan team until he got back to the hotel and looked at the sweatshirt again. HILARIOUS! Neil really does know that the BEARS aren't a Michigan team and that they are a Chicago team, but I think he was excited about finding a sweatshirt and not thinking about who the Bears were. Last night, when he gave it to me I was so surprised and excited and then while still surprised and excited I was confused. I was thinking, "Wait, Neil was in Michigan, why does this say the Bears and have the C that Chicago uses for their team logos? Is there a Bears team in Michigan? This is the C style the Chicago teams use, right? But Neil was in Michigan." Then he told me the story and I laughed REALLY hard! I feel like this gives just a little glimpse into one of the hilarities about Neil and me. I think the best way to sum it up is something some friends of ours said about us, "Monica would rather watch the 'big game' while Neil would rather watch Fiddler on the Roof." Anyway, so the sweatshirt story is even more funny to me because of our differences. BUT I REALLY LOVE THAT HE GOT ME SWEATSHIRT. It was really fun and thoughtful of him to bring me home a present. I jokingly told him when he left to bring me back something like snow globe. He doesn't have to leave town much, but man I hate it when he does!

Here is what I found waiting for me when I fixed breakfast the morning he left.

This isn't an unusual occurrence. Neil is really great at writing me little notes of encouragement randomly, but frequently and hiding them for me to find throughout my day. Here is another one that he wrote me a few weeks ago, but I hadn't moved yet:He had done this throughout our marriage and it is one of my favorite things and one of the things I really love about him. I seriously get giddy every time I find one! He has always been the "note writer" in our relationship. Even when we were dating he would write me letters and mail them. And yes, I have kept EVERY letter and note he has ever written me. I'm trying to grow in writing notes to him, but its harder for me to hide them from him. I tried this time when he went out of town and put it in a notebook in his backpack. But he never opened the notebook so he never found the note. I had to ask him last night if he read it and he didn't know what I was talking about. HAHA, oh well, I'll try a different place next time!

Did I mention that I really love the sweatshirt?
Hope you guys have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love the sweet notes! I'm sure those always make you feel loved.

    And that's hilarious about the sweatshirt!! ha ha ha! but also sweet.. :)

    ReplyDelete