Monday, January 24, 2011

A little breather...

Here are the latest creations for my friend, Katie's Baby Shower this past weekend.













The pictures aren't great since I took them at night and we have terrible lighting in our house. It seriously and secretly drives me crazy! I guess its no secret now though. The owner's before us decided to use the energy efficient light bulbs, which NEVER DIE!!!!!!! I'm all for being efficient which helps when you are married to a man who loves efficiency. However, I think the efficient lighting is also efficiently making me go BLIND!!!!!!! I hate the terrible dull yellow glow they give off. I feel like I can't see and am turning on lamps (without efficient light bulbs) along with the main overhead lights. Which I think keeps things from being energy efficient or energy saving. And you are probably wondering- Why don't you just change the light bulbs? Well, because the energy saving/efficient light bulbs still work. I think we are going to slowly replace the energy bulbs with regular bulbs once they die. Which won't be a moment too soon.

*Deep breath*

Anyway, now I'm done with my unexpected rant and really just wanted to share the burp cloths I made for my sweet friend Katie. I'm done with baby showers for a few months, but have contemplated getting started for the next shower since I have some fun ideas roaming around in my head. Neil also helped me think of the flower in the first picture. I couldn't decide on what to do with this one because the pattern was SO busy, but I didn't want to leave it blank. Even with the busy pattern it seemed like it was missing something. We tried to draw an owl, because the strip of green and blue above the flower looked like an owl, but that wasn't going to work. Then we noticed a flower in the pattern and Neil said, "Do a flower." I said, "BRILLIANT!". I just wanted to brag on him a little and I really loved his help and interest!!!

Several friends have commented that I should try to sell them or open an Etsy shop. I've really thought about it, but the current main hindrance is that I don't have internet at home. I'm assuming daily access to the internet would be a necessity in order to be remotely successful and to keep me sane. I'm stressed out just thinking about trying to keep up some kind of on-line shop with my current internet availability (about twice a week).

Oh well, I still enjoy making them and still enjoy blessing my friends with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment