Friday, May 21, 2010

A PURPLE KITCHEN?!

Well, we have officially said 'Goodbye' to our apartment and said 'Hello' to our house. We moved in last weekend and are almost unpacked. There is nothing on the walls, yet and I don't think Neil and I are too quick to hang things up either. We'll get to it eventually. Neil has already mowed the yard and I've made my list of 'Home Projects' that ranges from simple things I can do during the day such as paint the front door or make curtains to saving up for new counter tops in the kitchen (I think this is just a dream). Neil and I have enjoyed living in the house, but it wasn't this idea that consumed us. Its just the place that we live now. We lived in an apartment last week that we loved, but now we live in a house and we like it also. However, I can see the 'I wantsies' creeping in because I want to decorate and spend money, but I'll deal with that 'heart stuff' later. For now... here are pictures of our house! Enjoy! We sure do!






































































Tour Guide: Front of house, view of Living Room from Front door, side of living room. Kitchen, Dinette area of Kitchen. Kitchen and appliances. Hall to Hall Bathroom. Hall Bathroom. Guest Room/Office/T.V. room. 3rd Bedroom, a.k.a storage room, a.k.a future kids room. Hall to Master Bedroom, Master Bedroom, and Master Bedroom to Master bath. Master Bathroom. Last but not least, the laundry room which leads to the garage. I forgot to take pictures of the back yard and deck, but they exist.

Yes, our Kitchen is purple. And Yes, that was on purpose. I wanted something fun and bright for the kitchen since I'm going to be in it A LOT. I thought of the purple, blue, brown scheme before we ever started looking for houses and Neil was very encouraging of the idea. Everyone else's responses to the idea have been very skeptical. But so far when people see it they really like it and if they don't they are nice about it. Besides, its my kitchen that God has given me and I think it gives God joy when we delight in our homes and having a purple kitchen delights me, and Neil.
The green laundry room was a mutual idea, the BRIGHT GREEN laundry room was more Neil's idea... but i like it now. I think it still surprises me that we have a bright green laundry room... I mean it radiates off people's clothes!-seriously. It will be interesting to decorate it, but I'm up for the challenge.
I'm really thankful Neil likes color and bright ones at that (something I learned about him during the painting picking process) and he is so supportive and encouraging about the paint colors we picked out. Just another example of being 'peas and carrots'.
Anyway, we take guests anytime! Come on over!

4 comments:

  1. I am DYING to come and see this in person! I love, love the purple kitchen and green laundry room. (I would!) ha!
    Thanks for the pics; I hope you enjoy the process of all that is there... it is so fun to watch it transform and become YOU -- both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I forget to mention...
    This is Jodie Coher -- Big E is Eric's google name?! sorry......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I love the bright colors. So creative and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have come back to look at your house over and over -- maybe if I look at it enough it will feel like I've been there in person? :)
    Some things I keep thinking: love the blue of the living room & bedroom! So peaceful & serene.
    And I love the brown + blue shower curtain. Yum.
    Excited to see how you decorate the green laundry room! --you'll have to update us.
    Oh, and just so you know, I don't think I hung up hardly anything in our house the first 6 to 9 months we lived here. And it really wasn't until a year after we moved in when I woke up one morning and had a "eureka" moment in which I knew how I wanted to decorate everything... and a year later, I am still working on it!!
    Decorating a home is a long-term process & a reflection of you-as-a-couple and it really evolves as that definition of who "you, the Williams" becomes more distinct.
    Love you!!
    PS. Why do I always write a novel in your comments???

    ReplyDelete