Monday, April 12, 2010

House Update

My husband and I are getting a house. I didn't want to share that as a conclusion to my ridiculously long post from last week, but we are. We should close on it next Friday, so weird! I didn't want to share it with that post becuase I didn't want to communicate that somehow God had "rewarded" me with a house once I surrendered to his purposes in the house hunting process. I think it was God's purpose all along to both sanctify me and give husband and I this house. The house is not something we have 'earned' from God, but is apart of his purposes for our lives in this time and we are thankful. Truth be told, I didn't even like this house that we are buying! I REALLY didn't like it the first time we looked at it, though it is a nice house. It has a small backyard and my expectations were to have a decent size backyard for our future kids to play in. Then, my wise husband made the point that if we do have kids in the near future they won't be old enough to really play in the yard for the amount of time that we would live in the house. OH! good point, hadn't thought of that. I'm not going to give birth to an 8 year old with expectations of a big house (Lord, please I hope not!- jk) The yard will be "big" to any future kids we have and actually its not about having a big yard, but being thankful for what God has given us. Anyway, so after looking at the house a 2nd time, husband and I made an offer on the house and the owners countered, and then we countered and they accepted. I still wasn't stoked about the house, but was fine with it. It is a nice house and I do think it is from the Lord. It "fits" us really well. Then when we had our home inspection, my heart started to change. I became excited about decorating the house and taking care of it. I realized that I do like the layout of the house and it really does "fit" us really well right now and for the hopeful future. So, I'm thankful for what God has done in the whole process. I don't feel consumed with the house, though I do think about it and how to decorate and when to pack, etc. but the house isn't technically ours yet and won't be till next Friday, we still have to get to next Friday. I don't think it will really "hit me" that we own a home till we get the keys and the paint. Until we move into the house, we still live in an apartment that still needs to be cleaned...

2 comments:

  1. well, good for you, guys! :P

    Did you have a good birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered this blog... love it! :)
    Congrats on the house!!! You sign tomorrow?! Enjoy! God is so faithful to us! love you. Jodie

    ReplyDelete