Monday, November 7, 2011

Bitter Sweet

This weekend I had my first Baby Shower and it was PERFECT! The ladies in our small group at church threw it for me and invited family, out of town friends from college, and friends here in town. I was so blessed and overwhelmed with so much love, encouragement, excitement, and support! Natalie was ALSO blessed with lots of great clothes and books! My friend, Melanie, had the great idea of asking for people to give a copy of their favorite childhood book and write on the inside cover instead of giving cards. Neil and I were both SO excited to receive so many great books for Natalie. Now I'm definitely praying that she will be a reader and a learner!
Here are some highlights from the shower:

sweet baby booties made by Grandmama (Neil's mom)


best friends from college (minus Brittany who couldn't make it)
Fun fact: We each have a baby right now! (4 of us pregnant and Liz with 2 1/2 month old baby John!) I will cherish this picture!



Left picture: Grandmama, Aunt Claire, and Aunt Olivia
Right picture: my Aunt Wendy, Natalie's Great Aunt

This shower was also on a somewhat bittersweet day as well. It was on Nov. 5th, the 5 year anniversary of my mom's death. I really miss her and know that she would have LOVED this shower and would have LOVED Natalie so well. I miss talking with her about being pregnant and asking her questions about parenting. I know we would not agree on everything, but she and my dad did so many things well that I want to model in my parenting.

Here is a picture of her at one of her baby showers when she was pregnant with me:


My mom stayed so small when she was pregnant with me! She only gained 15 pounds!!!!! My dad says you really couldn't tell she was pregnant till like the last two months. I haven't stayed quite that small thanks so inheriting my dad's sweet tooth, but I have stayed in the healthy range of weight gain so I'm satisfied. This picture of me isn't great, but I loved that you could see my baby belly pretty clearly.

Here are two last pictures:


Left picture: 30 weeks
Right picture: 31 weeks
Somehow I look smaller in the 31 week picture. Maybe because it is a maternity shirt and the 3o week picture is a regular shirt???

No comments:

Post a Comment