Monday, May 9, 2011

Winfield Scott Lake

This past weekend we went camping with my grandparents and my aunt!!!!!!! Yes, I said my grandparents. They are still moving and kicking at 70. They were the ones with the plan to camp and we invited ourselves since they were going to be close by. We went to Winfield Scott Lake which is outside of Vogel State Park in Georgia. We had a GREAT TIME!!!!!! Here are the pictures to prove it!

Here we are hanging out by the campfire on Friday.












Neil and Chuck are cooking Hamburgers for dinner. Neil is fanning the flame so the fire will start! Neil is cooking bacon for breakfast. His first time to cook bacon! And probably his last because I don't like bacon and he wouldn't fix it just for himself.












Neil and I in front of our tent. Chuck, Jan, and I before Neil and I start back home.










Neil
and I hiked up Blood Mountain- the highest point on the A.T.! It was about six miles round trip. This is me tired and hungry from the first part of the hike.










It was a great weekend and great weather except for chilly nights. I didn't think through the night temperatures when packing so I was pretty cold and wore all my clothes to bed both nights we camped. I was pretty cozy after that. I still smell like campfire (yes, this is after my shower) and the smell is permeating my car and our laundry room. I love the smell, but not that much! Wish me luck on getting this smell out!

No comments:

Post a Comment